Relaunching my blog is so exciting and I can’t think of a better post to start anew than to share with you products I was buying, again and again, for the last two years. Well, for a kind of beauty maniac I am it’s not exactly normal to purchase the same thing twice let alone three or even more times.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo with a hint of color Divine Dark. It’s a great dry shampoo and brown tint makes it my holy grail! I use it about three times a week, mostly on the second day to freshen up my fine hair and add a little bit of extra volume at roots. It works perfectly! It doesn’t stain pillowcases or clothes, invisible on dark hair and has neutral fragrance. I’ve already bought it so many times I lost my count.
- Loreal Paris Brow Stylist Plumper aka brow gel mascara. Once more I can’t tell you exactly how many times I’ve bought it in Medium to Dark color but believe me it’s a lot! I love its precise small brush, I absolutely love this taupe dark color without warm reddish undertones, I love how it holds my Groucho Marx brows through the day and it doesn’t feel like I’ve glued them on to my face. And it has a big tube… and small price… What’s not to love?
- Glamglow Supercleanse Clearing Cream-to-Foam Cleanser. This cleanser is great all year round, though I like it even better in summer, and is my favorite as second PM cleanser after makeup removal with cleansing oil. It leaves my skin super fresh and clean without feeling stripped or dry. I purchased it twice in this old version with a pump and already tried a new one in travel size. To be honest, I’m gonna miss the pump (it’s perfect for any kind of skincare product IMHO) but the new formula is even better than old one. I plan to purchase it once I finish up a current bottle.
- AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion. We are so used to AHA and BHA products in our daily facial skin care routine but our body we still treat with harsh scrubs. That is so unfair! This body lotion contains 12% of lactic AHA acid. I’ve been using it for two years and I will always have this kind of lotion on my beauty stand because it works wonders for ingrown hair and skin bumps. My skin on arms and legs never been so smooth! AmLactin doesn’t have a fancy ingredient list with a bunch of extracts or peptides but it does an amazing job. The only drawback I can think of is a smell. Cause this lotion is fragrance-free there is nothing to cover ammonia stink. It doesn’t last too long to bother me but I understand why it can be a dealbreaker. Also worth mentioning I don’t use it on my decollete zone (it can be sensitive) and in summer when I wear a lot of open clothes (acids increase sensitivity to sun).
- Paula’s Choice RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defence SPF 30. I’ve been using this product for two years now. I love it as my last step in AM routine before makeup, cause it works perfectly as sunscreen (SPF 30), tinted primer (giving a nice semi-matte smooth tint) and light moisturizer all in the same time. In summer I just top it with setting powder to keep T-zone in check and that’s it! Most people I talked to (and in reviews) are concerned about the color of the tint. This is really a problem cause even for me in the winter time when my skin is the fairest it’s darker and pinker than I would like it to be. I wish they would’ve made an untinted version of this product. Other than that the ultimate combination of moisturizer, sunscreen, tint and priming properties don’t really have an alternative to other products I’ve tried for now.